Bussiness skill migration

You should contact us immediately. The Department of Home Affairs requests information for many reasons. When they do, you need to be very careful about what happens next.

There are many reasons you may be asked for information. For example, if you have applied for a student visa you may have been requested to provide information about your study history. This could be because the Department of Home Affairs has concerns that you are not a ‘genuine student’. Or if you have applied for a visitor visa you may be asked to provide ‘incentive to return home’. This generally indicates that they have a concern that you may not be a genuine visitor.

As registered migration agents our role is to know exactly why you have been asked for this information. It’s not random! How you respond to a request for more information can make or break your case – leave it to a professional.

SKilled Migration

Skilled migrants nominated by the Victorian Government agree to live and work in the state of Victoria for a period of two years. Skilled migrants must advise the Skilled and Business Migration Program of their contact details three times:

prior to arriving in Victoria
after arriving in Victoria, and
for a period of two years post-arrival.

Email your contact details to smp.applications@liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.auexternal link

On arrival to Australia, Victorian nominated skilled migrants need to complete an email survey every six months for two years. The responses and feedback in the surveys are used to evaluate and improve the Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program.

Category: SKilled Migration

Student Visa

To be eligible for a student visa to Australia you must first enrol in a full time course of study which is registered with the Commonwealth Registry of International Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).You must study a course listed on the CRICOS register in order to obtain a student visa.

Once you pay your student fees and enrol in your course the school will provide you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). You must have this CoE to apply for your student visa.

Category: Student Visa

Yes, you can work while you’re studying in Australia. International students are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and unlimited hours during study breaks. There are no work restrictions for students completing a masters by research or doctoral degree. For more information about student visas and working rights, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

Category: Student Visa

Yes, you can — although there are strict conditions and steps set by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that you will need to meet and follow. We outline the steps to follow when changing your course or institution as an international student.

Category: Student Visa