PROFESSIONAL YEAR FOR AUSTRALIA GRADUATES
What is a Professional Year?
The Professional year Program in Australia is a course developed for a combination of formal learning and workplace experience for international graduates in Australia. PY programmes are only available to the following streams:
What is the Duration of a PY?
a PY is usually a 12 month internship (or 44 weeks in total). The student gets to work in a host company as well as complete classroom studies.
What are the benefits of a PY?
Professional years are highly popular for the right reasons. The main ones are as follows:
1) You gain valuable local experience in an Australian company
2) Along with getting a better understanding of the Australian culture and practices, you also learn how to communicate in a professional manner.
3) For Accountants: a PY course can be used as an alternative for the English Requirement (for skills assessment). A PY degree means an equivalent of 7 in each band of Academic IELTS or equivalent)
4) For IT Professionals: PY acts as an alternative for “work experience” requirement (for skills assessment), which says the applicant must have 1 year post-qualification work experience in IT.
3) Enables you to get a positive skills assessment.
4) Most importantly – it gives you 5 points towards your PR application. (Click Here for Points Test)
Who is Eligible for Professional Year?
The eligible applicant must have met all the following requirements:
1) International students who have completed a degree in Accounting, computer science or engineering in Australia.
2) Must hold a Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485
3) Must be under 50 years of age
4) The degree (qualification) should have ended not more than 6 months ago.
5) The occupation must be listed on the Skilled Occupation List (MSTSSL)
Which Professional Years Programs are recognised by the Australian Government?
Our MARA registered immigration agents understand how stressful the migration process can be. Unlike most other migration law firms, our lawyer actually explain every step of the process in a no-jargon manner. In addition to this, we provide constant on call support. Contact us on email@example.com for a Free Assessment and advice on your options for migrating to Australia.
We are always happy to help! ?
NOTE: The information provided in this blog can not be construed as “legal advice”. You should not act based on the information provided here without consulting a registered MARA agent. Migration law is complex and changes very frequently, while we ensure our content is accurate, we can not vouch for how concurrent it is. To clarify any of your doubts call us on +61 2 8815 8135